In order to continue to be trusted by society, the Toshiba Plant Systems & Services Group promotes all business activities with the highest priority placed on life, safety and law compliance, and fulfills its social responsibilities so as to satisfy all stakeholders.
Important CSR Initiatives
Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development was adopted at the United Nations Sustainable Development Summit held at the UN headquarters in New York from September 25-27, 2015. The Agenda is a plan of action for people, the planet, and prosperity, and includes declarations and goals. These goals were developed to succeed the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), and are officially called the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). They comprise 17 goals and 169 targets for these goals.
CSR Promotion Framework
The Company has established a CSR Governance Committee chaired by the head of the Administration & Human Resources Division. This committee performs cross-organizational oversight of CSR-related staff division operations and the activities of related committees.
This strengthens coordination among all CSR activities, and invigorates the CSR activities of the entire Toshiba Plant Systems & Services Group.
Standards of Conduct
Toshiba Plant Systems & Services Corporation places top priority on life, safety and law compliance. At the same time, we will work to build bonds of trust with society and all our stakeholders.
FY2019 Action Policy and Activity Themes
In order to continue to be a corporate group trusted by society, we enhance the corporate governance system and strive to raise our level of management transparency and effectiveness.
- - Strengthen initiatives for the Corporate Governance
- - Enhancement of the risk management system
- - Maintaining ethical standards
Human Rights and Labor Practices
Toshiba Plant Systems & Services Corporation has 3,075 employees, while including group companies (4 domestic, 8 overseas), there are 4,319 employees.
We view diverse personnel and working styles positively, and work on a global basis to create work environments that lead to imagination and competitiveness for our businesses.
- - Respect for human rights
- - Training and utilization of personnel
- - Supporting diverse working styles
- - Promoting work-life balance
- - Ensuring health and safety
As a company that supports society and industry, we deliver quality infrastructure and services that can please many people in society.
We conduct business activities with customers in a broad range of fields, such as thermal, hydroelectric and nuclear power plants, and public and private-sector facilities including energy-related businesses, production facilities and related facilities.
- - Maintaining and enhancing quality management
- - Enhancement of quality
- - Raise customer satisfaction level
Fair Operating Practices
Based on the understanding that our business depends on support from suppliers and partner companies, we make sure to engage in fair, transparent and free competition and engage in appropriate business transactions. By doing so, we create relationships in which all parties can co-exist and prosper.
- - Ensuring transparent and fair business transactions
- - CSR promotion in the supply chain (Consideration of human rights, labor practices, and environment)
Community Involvement and Development
We have offices in 8 countries around the world. As a good corporate citizen, we engage in meaningful communication with local communities, and support a wide range of programs to contribute to the sound and sustainable advancement of society.
- - Provide continual support for projects that restore and preserve domestic cultural properties
- - Continually build social infrastructure and support programs for the next generation in emerging countries
- - Continually engage in social contribution activities at offices and worksites
- - Provide cooperation and support for volunteer activities carried out individually by employees
To reward our customers’ trust and contribute to the advancement of society, we engage in environmental activities in all EPCC business processes.
- - Considering ideal of environmental activities
- - Reducing the environmental impact of business activities
- - Promoting provision of eco-friendly products and construction